This extended expedition provides full Antarctic experience. Besides the unearthly beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula you’ll get an audience with the “kings of Antarctic” – the rare and most beautiful king penguins. Abandoned whaling stations, the capital of Falkland Islands Port Stanley, and landing on the Antarctic continent itself are among the other highlights of this expedition cruise.
• Encounter sea lions, fur seals and five of the world’s seventeen penguin species – king, gentoo, rockhopper, Magellanic and macaroni
• Meet the most attractive residents of the South Georgia - king penguins with their orange-yellow crowns
• Visit the historic settlement of Grytviken with its whaling era remnants
• In the region of the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula get a great variety of opportunities to explore the unique wildlife and breathtaking scenery
• Admire huge icebergs of different shapes, sizes and colours
The small city of Ushuaia combines everything to be a perfect starting point for Antarctic cruises. It locates at the southern tip of South America Continent and is regarded as the world’s southernmost city. Being the capital of Tierra del Fuego archipelago Ushuaia boasts the southernmost Tierra del Fuego National Park and beautiful landscapes of Beagle Bay and Andes mountains. Not less important (and even more for someone) the local restaurants offer super delicious king crab, cooked to dozen different recipes.
In the afternoon we embark the Sea Spirit and set sail down the scenic Beagle Channel.
Escorted by seabirds and whales the Sea Spirit makes its way to the Falkland Islands.
The Falkland Islands are a small country of moors and rugged coastlines carved by the South Atlantic, where the wildlife and plant life form a link between Patagonia and Antarctica. On the beaches of the islands elephant seals are a spectacular sight when battling to establish territories at the start of the breeding season or even simply relaxing at the sea. Sea lions and fur seals are also easily seen around the Islands. As many as a million penguins nest in the Falklands every summer, representing five of the world’s seventeen species – king, gentoo, rockhopper, Magellanic and macaroni. What’s more, for the gentoo, the Falklands are home to the largest population on Earth.
The capital of the Falklands Port Stanley is the southernmost British outpost. Together with many reminders of its British heritage such as red phone boxes and English pubs the town boasts more unusual sights like a whalebone arch and many shipwrecks along the coast.
Clear your camera’s memory as we sail towards the “capital” of Antarctic wildlife.
South Georgia is an unmissable destination within Antarctica. This sub-Antarctic region is a peak emerging from the Scotia Arc, an underwater mountain chain that extends the Andes to the Antarctic Peninsula. This long and narrow, whale bone shaped island is a home to:
* Four seal species (southern elephant seal, Antarctic fur seal, Weddell seal, and leopard seal).
* Several whale species (southern right whales, humpbacks, fin whales, sperm and killer whales, southern bottlenose whales).
* Antarctic seabirds (46% of the world's breeding population of grey headed albatrosses, northern giant petrels (about 3,000 breeding pairs), white chinned petrels (around 2 million pairs) and Antarctic prions (about 22 million pairs), most of the world's population of the South Georgia blue eyed shags live there (some 7,500 pairs).
* Penguins (around half the world's population of macaroni penguins, about 100,000 pairs of Gentoo penguins and about 6,000 breeding pairs of Chinstrap penguins).
* The most attractive residents of the South Georgia are king penguins with their orange-yellow crowns. The total amount of king penguins is around 400,000 breeding pairs.
We spend 4 days among the alpine landscapes and penguins’ crowds. Visit to the historic settlement of Grytviken with its whaling era remnants is one of the highlights of South Georgia.
Our invited experts on Antarctic wildlife, history and geology give lectures and presentations preparing us for the meeting with wild spaces of the Sixth Continent.
Our Captain and Expedition Leader will do their best to show you all the faces of Antarctica. We hope to tick off 5 penguin /6 seal / several whale species in Antarctic check-list. While cruising along narrow Antarctic waterways we admire huge icebergs of different shapes, sizes and colours. We visit scientific stations representing several different countries and learn about Antarctic scientific researches straight from the source. Of course setting foot on the actual Antarctic Continent is also on agenda.
This last sea passage separates the magic world we’d discovered from the rest of the world, where we will be in several days. Use these days to refresh your memories and bid farewell to birds and whales you identify easily now.
Our morning disembarkation in Ushuaia is followed by group transfer to the airport. Or you may stay at the city centre, if you plan a longer stay in Ushuaia.
Itinerary, landings and all other activities during the cruise depend strongly on ice and weather conditions and are subject to the decisions of the Expedition Leader and the Captain of the vessel. Encounters with any mentioned wildlife cannot be guaranteed.
23 square meters (250 square feet); 2 twins (convert to a King) and a sofa bed; picture window; private facilities.
20 square meters (215 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; minimum two portholes; private facilities.
23 square meters (250 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; picture window; private facilities.
22 square meters (235 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; picture window overlooks on outside walkway; private facilities.
26 square meters (277 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; private balcony; private facilities.
33 square meters (353 square feet); two twin or a King Size bed; private balcony; private facilities.
40 square meters (437 square feet); separate living room; King Size bed and sofa bed (can accommodate a teenager); private deck; jetted bathtub.
Vessel Type: Luxury Expedition
Length: 90 metres
Passenger Capacity: 112
Built / refurbished: 1992 / 2016
Sail aboard the remarkably comfortable Sea Spirit and experience the polar regions in grand style with spacious suites. Sea Spirit accommodates just 112 passengers, all in spacious suites with panoramic oceans views. Think king-size or twin beds, en suites, flat screen TVs and DVDs and internet satellite. Many suites have private balconies, lounge areas, dressing tables
There is a lounge, bistro and bar, hot tub, gym, a state-of-the-art presentation room and stabilisers for smooth cruising.
- All-suite ship
- Smallest suite is a spacious 215 square feet.
- 15 suites have balconies.
- Owner's Suite is an outstanding 550 sq. feet.
- Flat Screen TVs and DVD players in every suite
- Gymnasium and Hot Tub with seating area and Bistro
- Library/Games Room
- Open bar
- Every suite has an exterior view